Tuesday 11 January 2011

Moving in!

Just to catch up with what has been happening, as soon as I got the key, Ross and I started painting the apartment, hoping to get a couple of rooms finished before the arrival of my furniture, however that got here sooner than I anticipated so most things are being stored in a couple of spare rooms here...I have plenty of them.


My furniture was delivered to Sauðárkrókur last Tuesday which was the beginning of a blizzard, the wind had revved up considerably but fortunately the truck was able to back right up to the front door. The next day the weather would have made the delivery impossible, most roads around Iceland were closed...I could not even see the church across the road for the wind and mega snow fall.

 


 Piece by piece the truck was unloaded and most of the furniture had to go up two flights of steps.  The two gentleman unloading were very obliging and did not complain at all.

 


 At this stage I have not unpacked anything other than my bed and quilts as I intend to paint before I set each room up.

Eventually the truck was empty even my etching press and oversized 140 year old plan draw (which on other occasions when moving has had to be pulled apart to get through doorways)  just managed to fit through the back door...I had, had a few sleepless nights wondering about those two items but there were no problems.

I will be back with more photos when I have finished painting a couple of rooms and set them up.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, how exciting! It all seems to be happening fast now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shall be so nice to see the finished result - when you have put your "touch" to the place! Like others in S'krók am looking forward to future developments in the posthouse.

    ReplyDelete