Sunday 23 May 2010

Monday Ice: Music...Food for the Soul!

I have difficulty making a decision on what to put up on Monday Ice as there is quite a lot to choose from...plenty is boring so I will refrain from showing those unless I get really desperate and have posted everything that is good with only boring left.

Iceland has been in the news so much lately but not so long ago it was a place that the everyday person had heard very little of. Besides the financial crash of 2008 and the volcano Eyjafjallajökull putting Iceland on the world map there is one other person who has brought Iceland to the attention of many and her name is Björk. I have found a few lovely interviews and will post more further down the track. She is a very interesting young woman and in this interview on a German talk back show with Harald Schmidt some of that Icelandic sense of humour that I love shines through...enjoy!


Today we are halfway through the Sigur Rós Heima series with part 5 and I must say I have enjoyed re watching this lovely documentary. Just over the 5 min mark look out for the amazing musical instrument made from Icelandic rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment